West End, London
28 days ago
Electrical Engineer, Permanent , London
An excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join this Nuclear New Build project.
Engage and supervise the electrical design activities, review and accept electrical deliverables. Keep the safety, consistency and integrity of related engineering design.
For identified Projects within the Bradwell B (BRB) early programme of work, establish the necessary electrical engineering support to:
* The Feasibility Studies
* The basic, detail and execution design
* The Consent and permit
* The Business case development
* Construction Plan
* Early engineering work
Support the IC and DA capabilities in electrical area.
Be responsible for the GDA transition in electrical area.
Be responsible to manage the safety case in electrical area and attend relevant regulatory meetings.
Be responsible for the establishment and implementation of technical procedures, technical standards in electrical areas.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
- Understanding of the requirements for a UK laws and regulations, what is required, good practice and key elements
- Understanding of generic Nuclear Safety, Environment Policies and, particularly, those elements relevant to the Safety case
- Understanding of ALARP and BAT, their application as well as the relevant good practice in the UK.
- Understand the key elements of electrical design in support to a Nuclear Power Plant, including:
- Safety Functions and Systems Categorization and Classification within the UK context
- Applicable codes and standards, including the relevant Codes and standards for electrical system design (e.g. understanding of applicable Electrical standards, design codes and regulations including but not limited to Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, CDM regulations 2015, BS 7671, BS EN 61936, BS EN 60664 and BS EN 61000.)
Skilled in the following electrical areas:
* Electrical equipment and systems design
* Electrical Power System design, including Power Flow analysis and use of tools
* Grid Code Compliance
* Main Generator
* Standby Power Generation
* Low Voltage and High Voltage Switchgear
* DC Systems
* AC UPS Systems
* Earthing, Bonding and Lightning Protection
* Power cables (including earthing cables), electrical cables and panel wiring
* Primary containment electrical penetrations
* Equipment Qualification (EQ) of electrical equipment
* Building services Electrical supplies
Degree qualification in a relevant subject or able to demonstrate commensurate experience
Chartered Engineer, equivalent or journeyman to being Chartered - PREFERRED but not essential
Preferably, experienced in the delivery of Safety Cases for major nuclear infrastructure projects
Excellent presentation and communication skills able to effectively interact with senior managers and executives
Demonstrated influencing and collaborative work style preferably developed while working in complex and international teams
Good level of knowledge and experience with developing Engineering Concept designs for major infrastructure projects
Preferably, Good knowledge of technical submissions required to the UK Regulators and European Commission over the necessary consents and approvals