Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
about 1 year ago
Morson International are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join a large Rolling Stock company based in the Midlands.
The purpose of the role is to undertake the engineering required to integrate technology, safety and reliability enhancements onto rolling stock under turnkey projects. This extends from contract award, through design, material procurement, validation and installation. Additionally, as and when required undertake consultancy support work for customers.
You would be responsible for:
- Delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock.
- Supporting the Head of Engineering Technical and Project Managers by managing the engineering solutions.
- Producing non-drawing technical documentation associated with a project, and supporting the design department in the production of engineering drawings
- Through value engineering identify and specify components, and provide technical support to the procurement team.
- Undertaking vehicle surveys.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Working to agreed procedures for the control of all drawings and documentation.
Ideally you will have
- Working knowledge of core engineering skills.
- A good appreciated of the various rail vehicle systems.
- An understanding of the industry structure.
- Detailed knowledge of a number of specialist engineering techniques.