Republic of Ireland, Republic of Ireland
Vital Glasgow Construction
9 months ago
Vital Resources are recruiting for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to work alongside a leading M&E Contractor. As well as an attractive package on offer you can benefit from our clients Career Development Programme that will enhance your leadership capability.
Key Roles/Tasks/Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Lead projects from concept stage to completion
- Liaise with clients, architects and project managers
- As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will lead the Electrical Services design for a range of projects
- Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors
- Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will be tasked with Providing fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
- Tender report / analysis / recommendations
- Develop project scope with design team / client
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Prepare project programs using MS project.
- Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
- Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will ideally possess a 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- You will possess LV design experience specific to Data Centre environments ideally
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will possess relevant experience in the construction industry,of which will have ideally been spent in a Design role.
- some experience of working on a construction sites will be advantageous however not mandatory
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of engineers
- Experience coordinating/interfacing with other disciplines within the organisation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT an advantage
- Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for the Data Centre sector or similar
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques
- The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances
To find out more about this exciting role, please contact Leeanne Dolan or click "Apply Now"