Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour
Rail Technical Team
26 days ago
Recruiting for an Electrical Designer based in Wolverhampton to work on a contract basis for a leading client in the Rail Rolling Stock Industry.
Excellent rates available
- Responsible for the electrical engineering related to the integration of equipment on trains.
- Proven years' experience in a design role - Preferable within the Rail Industry
- Production of electrical schematics, drawings and wiring tables
- Demonstrable skills and experience in the use of relevant 2D CAD tools. (MicroStation)
- Experience generating and managing Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in creating wiring tables
- Design of electrical installation
- Integration of electrical systems
- Test specification generation
- To produce additional documentation such as Bills of Material, modification instructions and schedules to support the procurement, manufacture, installation, testing and approval of the design.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- To support production staff in ensuring first prototype vehicle build is undertaken correctly.
- To investigate and resolve problems found during production.
- To ensure materials selected are compliant to relevant standards and fit for purpose.
- Supplier and customer liaison
- Technical documentation production.