Up to £22.00 per hour
10 days ago
You will be responsible for the definition of the design solution(s) and production of deliverables to the required standards. You will be required to contribute to as well as supporting the whole design lifecycle from concept through to construction and in service support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the Electrical discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate appropriate 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
- Preparation/production of CAD 3D models and drawings throughout all of the design lifecycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail and Production Designs) in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
Deliverables to include; Clash free cable management system and electrical penetration models.
- Preparation/production of CAD 2D installation and fabrication drawings as required by the design lifecycle in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
Deliverables to include; Single Line and block diagrams, power distribution, equipment layouts, cable schedules, termination schedules, label schedules, BOMs.
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including Interface management of systems, contribution to design reviews and spatial Integration reviews.
- Develop innovative design solutions
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Produce and update 'as built' or 'red-line' drawings and documentation.
- Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Assist in the production of designer estimates relating to electrical discipline.
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
- You will ideally hold an minimum ONC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification in Electrical & Electronic Engineering systems.
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Be proficient in; AutoCAD 2D/3D software, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Commercial and Marine electrical detail design and manufacturing outputs requirements.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.