£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + £30-40k
Rail Technical Team
26 days ago
To undertake engineering activities under a supervising engineer.
ETS Management team, Supervising Engineer, Client Technical Representatives, Subcontract Organisations and Suppliers.
- Packages delivered to programme and budget
- Packages comply with good design practice, relevant technical, professional and group standards
- Accurate packages with minimum of rework
- Accurate and complete records
- Successful audits
- Packages consider safety through design, construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning.
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company.
- Safety culture aware - to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
Knowledge & Skills:
- HNC with substantial experience or Engineering Graduate.
- Awareness of construction methods and materials
- Knowledge of Group Standards /HSE Legislation
- Basic level of IT
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Practices
- Knowledge of Network Rail Company Standards
- Knowledge of National and International Standards
- Working knowledge of Bentley MicroStation in a 3D environment
- Appreciation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its application to projects
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices participating in professional development reading industry publications maintaining personal networks.
- Willingness to learn and ability to innovate. Delivery focused.
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers.
- Some experience producing calculations, drawings and reports in the project delivery environment for the particular discipline. Some experience operating to procedures and design office practices.
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- Developing ability to work unsupervised
- Aspiration to be a leader or specialist within an engineering environment
- Able to take ownership of small projects or elements of larger projects
- Typically defined as a 'designer' and 'checker' on the competency matrix.