Our client Scottish Power are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer for a contract opportunity based in Edinburgh.
This could develop into a long-term role.
This role would suit a recent graduate, or candidates with around 3 - 5 years experience.
Responsible for the planning and design of the district distribution network ensuring system stewardship network security and integrity at all times. Undertaking system analysis to determine load/generation connections, network alterations, reinforcement requirements and to derive solutions in line with Asset Management policies and customer requirements.
Skills and Experience
* Engineering/Professional qualification or equivalent experience
* Experience in a Network design role
* Relevant network construction and operational experience
* Computer literacy
* Expert knowledge of design standards up to 11kV.
* Expert knowledge of the regulatory environment including relevant output and incentive mechanisms.
* Technical and operational experience in a relevant engineering role.
* Ability to devise solutions to complex problems/challenges.
* Developed skills with network analysis modelling tools.
* Integrate asset stewardship values through sound engineering principles, coordinated planning, design and ownership to improve integrity, safety and longevity of the electrical network whilst providing minimum scheme costs for customer connections.
* Responsible for managing 3rd party "Point Of Connection" and design approvals activities within the SPM and SPD licence areas.
* To drive continual performance improvement through analysis of outputs and feedback from internal and external sources.
* Consider the application of innovative solutions to all designs whether this be technological, procedural or commercial.
* To produce designs in accordance with unit or authorised prime costs to enable efficient delivery of outputs.
* Develop and maintain robust stakeholder and customer relationships on behalf of Scottish Power to facilitate delivery of customer and stakeholder strategic objectives.
* Promote an exemplary safety culture and ensures that all safety legislation is implemented and delivered through all activities and incorporated into project designs.