Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
2 months ago
This exciting role offers an opportunity to provide technical innovation, working as part of a close-knit team the Electrical Engineer will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially regarding train control systems. The Electrical Engineer will work within the on-board train fitment design team to ensure the electrical engineering requirements on the projects are correctly captured and delivered. The Electrical Engineer will also work with the various Centres of Competence, technology teams and subject matter experts across the wider Business to develop solutions that meet these needs.
The Electrical Engineer role is a key role within the project environment, with involvement in a wide range of project activities throughout the whole project lifecycle. This role provides the opportunity to travel both in the UK and overseas, ensuring an international flavour to your knowledge base and, over time, establish a rounded career in a global railway industry.
- Capable of initiating and managing detailed electrical related analysis of extensive, multi-layered systems.
- Will work closely with the engineering team members in the UK and Germany, project groups, the lines of business and heads of technology throughout, to ensure that the project electrical engineering solutions meets our customers' needs now, and in the future.
- Will take an active role in liaison with and supervision of third-party design companies to ensure projects are progressed to an agreed programme and technical issues are addressed.
- Provide key input and ideas to help determine the most appropriate technical, product and commercial solutions within the given geographical and technical environment.
- Ensure innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals.
- A key player within the project organisation.