Newton Heath, Greater Manchester
1 day ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to join our client, a world leading provider of aerospace safety training equipment.
Within this role you will be responsible for the design of control and drive systems complying with the specification requirement, preparing electrical drawings of the control and drive systems, development, testing and verification of PLC controller programmes against the specification requirement.
Duties will include:
* Undertake the conceptual development of the electrical control and drive systems and promote ideas within the bounds of the specification.
* Review the systems design and specify the most appropriate control and drive equipment.
* Develop and engineer the system in accordance with the agreed framework and modules of the requirement.
* Produce electrical schematic diagrams, equipment layouts, BOM and cables schedules using approved methods and agreed CAD system. Ensure the produced technical documentation complies with national and, where appropriate, international standards.
* Develop, install and test PLC controller programs
* Develop control and drive systems in the most efficient and effective manner.
* Test control and drive systems against the functional specifications and document results and noncompliance actions.
* Maintain all design files in good order and ensure the data is securely backed up along with all associated documentation.
* Implement electrical design & PLC software changes control procedures.
* Manage design & development within the budget and the programme parameters of the contract.
The ideal candidate will have design experience on Solidworks however experience on Autocad will also be considered. In return a competitive salary is on offer.