Katie Robson Hill
8 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer. This opportunity is much more than a Design Engineer role! This is a permanent position based in the Bedfordshire area working for a global manufacturing business who supply into the aerospace and defence industry.
The role will involve the research and development of novel aircraft systems. The successful candidate will be qualified, in a relevant engineering discipline, and have a demonstrable interest in product design and development within an aerospace environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of novel aircraft electrical connectors and harnesses
- Development of systems including controller and actuators
- Design of prototype units and test specimens, ensuring an optimal solution against requirements
- Preparation of technical reports and design documents to support internal and external reviews
- Assembly work of prototype units; working closely with engineering technician staff
- Specifying, developing and co-ordinating test activities
- Customer and supplier liaison.
You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) in electrical engineering and you will have experience with the design of electrical components for harsh environments. Any R & D experience would be highly beneficial!