11 days ago
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking an Electrical CAD Design Engineer for an on-going contract role based in Prenton.
The design and development of engineering solutions for major projects, the CAD Design Engineer will carry out studies/analysis and associated pre-planning, surveying and planning activities to design and deliver from concept to final commissioning.
Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders, develop an efficient and effective design solution that becomes integral to the overall successful delivery of the project and across the wider portfolio.
* Effectively design, develop and produce efficient engineering solutions for major projects to time and to budget
* To ensure all engineering design elements are effectively updated and maintained on all required corporate systems, including AutoCAD and associated drawing packages/software
* Demonstrates flexibility when faced with new requirements from the organisation by modifying work plans and priorities accordingly
* Goes beyond customer expectations, taking specific actions to add value to the original request
* Maintains a receptive attitude, displaying positive interaction with others
* Be able to adapt communication style depending on the audience and the situation, adjusting the approach based on the requirements of the audience
* Successfully manage discussion and interaction between the project teams and support departments
* Promote preferred outcome and resolution effectively and positively
Skills & Requirements
* Experience of the design, development and completion of engineering design solutions for major projects
* Experience of and able to implement quality assurance processes
* Ability to implement, apply and promote CDM and Health & Safety best practice in a design environment
* Awareness of commercial, environmental and legal requirements associated with the delivery of major projects
* Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
* Proven track record of working within a drawing office environment demonstrating proficiency of a range of computer aided design software
* Experience of undertaking site surveys and associated investigations
* Experience of using central data archive/storage facilities
* HNC in an engineering discipline or relevant experience