Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
£18.37 - £24.00 per hour
16 days ago
We have a temporary role available for an Electrical/EC&I Technician for our client based at Hartlepool Power Station.
6 week role initially (possibility of extension)
37 hours over 4 days Monday - Thursday
The Electrical Technician or Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Electrical Technician or Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician shall:
* Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
* Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
* Work in compliance with the requirements of the CSG Health and Safety Procedures (NBU-CSG-PRD-HSE-0).
* Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
* Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line with NBU-CSG-PRD-HSE-4 and in particular Live Working Restrictions.
* Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
* Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
* Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
* Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of safety and Company policy.
* Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
* Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
Role Qualifications & Requirements
* Recognised appropriate apprenticeship scheme completion
* CCNSG Safety Passport Required
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a CTC security clearance procedure prior to commencing work.