£20.00 - £45.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer for a contract on Devonport Dockyard for 8 months. Candidates must have HV experience and Nuclear background. The purpose of the Senior Engineer - Electrical post is:
To assist the Discipline Lead in delivery of the electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the electrical engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Discipline Lead.
The post operates as part of the Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses
Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered Engineer or working towards, registered with Engineering Council.
* NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
* NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
* NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering.
* Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems
* Design of control & instrumentation systems
* Design of Communications and data systems
* Design of electrical building services
* Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
* The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
* Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
* Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
* Experience of working in BIM environments
* Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
* Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health, Safety & Environment (including Principal Designer responsibilities under CDM) and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
* Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
* Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities