Up to £0.00 per hour + NEGOTIABLE
8 months ago
The Electric Propulsion Engineer will be seasoned in state-of-the-art electric propulsion thrusters primarily HET, GIE with a proven ability in testing electric propulsion thrusters. If you have worked with space electric propulsion subsystems using plasma thrusters (HET, GIE, HEMP) thruster and / or thruster electronic equipment that is highly desirable. You must be familiar with the mathematical tool MATLAB and Excel.
- Provide technical input to the dArchitecting, designing and development of the newest satellite electrical propulsion subsystems on the market.
- Managing the technical requirements specification (URD) for electric propulsion equipment and interface with the equipment supplier/s.
- Evaluating supplier proposal reviews and supporting propulsion equipment definition and selection.
- Preparing technical documentation for the solution through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (PDR, CDR, QR etc)
- Support to propulsion subsystem fluidic analyses and preparation of analysis reports for subsystem PDR/CDR data packs.
- Prepare and manage test plans and requirements for electric thruster-PPU coupled tests and input to system level tests to characterise EMI and multi-firing effects etc.
- Lead technical trade-offs at propulsion sub-system level leading to the definition of a propulsion subsystem design.
- Support system teams & customers system level propulsion & deployment strategy (launch) trade-offs for optimization of satellite and mission design.
- Understand and extract sub-system level requirements from system level requirements to establish and produce the equipment technical sub-system requirement document.
- Act as main technical point of contact between system/customers & subsystem teams.
- Deliver technical documents for proposals and project reviews.
- Technical coordination of inputs / outputs key interface data.
- Technical expertise for follow up of equipment development and deliveries.
- Respond to customer technical queries and actions from meetings/reviews
DESIRABLE SKILLS / ABILITY / KNOWLEDGE
- Space hardware projects at different full stages of the lifecycle from Phase 0/A to Phase D/E full lifecycle in propulsion subsystem or equipment.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art electric propulsion subsystem architectures & technologies.
- Design/specification/testing of electric propulsion thruster power supply and processing units (PPUs).
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art chemical propulsion thrusters and subsystem fluidic equipment (tanks, filters, valves, pressure regulators).