ELECTRIC & CHEMICAL PROPULSION ENGINEERS x3
Aerospace Software and Systems
£250.00 - £350.00 per day
18 days ago
ELECTRIC OR CHEMICAL PROPULSION ENGINEERS x3 - CONTRACTS 6 MONTHS - HARWELL Nr Didcot in Oxfordshire
Harwell based with some remote working possible.
We currently have several roles to fill within the propulsion team roles can be defined in the following areas / roles. We are looking to augment the current propulsion team, so there is flexibility in the specific roles based on the skills and experience of individuals. Previous time spent working within the Space sector is highly desirable.
- Electric propulsion subsystem engineering (design and development)
- Chemical propulsion subsystem engineering (design and development)
- Propulsion equipment technical support including follow-up with suppliers, support for EQSR, MRR, DRB, NRB - for fluidic components (valves, regulators, filters, pressure transducers), propellant (hydrazine and MON/MMH) and pressurant tanks (Xenon for Electric Propulsion), hydrazine thrusters and electric thrusters, rocket thrusters,
- Propulsion subsystem analysis (electric and chemical)
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support propulsion architects and subsystem technical leads with technical document preparation for projects, studies and bids on electric and/or chemical propulsion subsystem architectures & technologies.
- Provide technical support to system level propulsion trade-offs for optimization of the satellite and mission design.
- Support subsystem design justification in major design reviews throughout the project life cycle in cooperation with the Program Management Office and other subsystems.
- Review and consolidate technical documentation through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (EQSR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, QR, etc).
- Establish integration and test plans and requirements for the subsystem Development and improvement of new analysis tools in specialised fluidic software (e.g. EcosimPro), and in Excel, MATLAB, and Python.
- Performance analyses in support of non-conformance review board.
- Prepare/update subsystem analysis reports through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (PDR, CDR, QR etc).
- Demonstrates systems engineering knowledge - across the "Systems V" - to achieve critical project outcomes to time, cost and quality.
- Provide regular reporting of technical progress to the project team.
- Support the propulsion module manufacture and AIT activities.
- Manage any anomalies or non-conformances occurring throughout the project life cycle at equipment or subsystem level.