Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
Up to £30122.41 per annum + £30,122.41
22 days ago
The Ejection Seat Bay Controller (B6T) is to ensure that the contracted output is met in a safe and controlled approach. The department personnel are to be fully utilised to ensure suitably qualified personnel are available to maintain Hawk Ejection Seats in a timely and cost effective manner. Additional duties associated with this role include providing support to aircraft role bay personnel handling both maintenance and pastoral requirements where required, to support AMRO and AJT maintenance programmes aswell as the maintenance and preparation of Hawk explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics.
The Ejection Seat Bay Controller is responsible for but is not limited to
* Ensuring that all Hawk Ejection Seat tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner, delivered in line with the maintenance programme and to the standard laid down in the approved maintenance data
* Contributing to maintenance planning forums to ensure that assets are delivered to forward and depth maintenance departments on time, identifying risks to the schedule and sourcing suitable recovery solutions.
* Ensuring that all maintenance equipment, spares and tooling are serviceable and available to maintenance staff.
* Ensuring that all quality management system processes are robustly adhered to including tool control, staff competence and maintenance recording
* The overall safety and security of armament personnel, equipment and facilities associated with the department is maintained.
* Ensuring that ejection seat maintenance documentation is completed via the approved maintenance record, checking for accuracy, completeness and referenced to approved maintenance data
* Delivery of maintenance schedule updates, Technical knowledge and resource utilisation rates via digital platforms in a concise, accurate and timely manner.
* The communication of maintenance updates, safety briefings and company notices through the medium of WSUM/DSUM (Weekly/daily start up meetings).
* Reporting difficiencies in maintenance data/documentation via the appropriate method (IEDB, TPRF, QOR, F760)
* Champion a culture of near miss and maintenance error reporting in a "Just Culture"
* Leading the management of Staff Performance & Development for the department
* Maintaining engineering standards as detailed in MAOS MAI MRP PART 145 MAINTENANCE ORGANISATION EXPOSITION (MOE) & MRP 145 Approval Supporting Documents.
* Maintain Quality standards as required by ISO:9001:2008.
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Minimum of 10 years ejection seat mainatenance experience, including a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Completed a Martin Baker type ejection seat course.
- Training in relevant discipline Mechanical/Electrical to City and Guilds Level or level 3 equivalent (completed an apprenticeship)
- Experience of maintaining and arming/disarming of explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics.
- Experience of leading groups of maintainers inside a P145 environment
- Full Driving Licence
- Working knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite) and the Internet.
- Ability to obtain Security clearance to SC level