£44.69 - £50.15 per hour
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
Electrical Systems Engineer
Portsmouth - 6 month duration - £50.15 ph Ltd/Umbrella or £44.69 ph PAYE (including holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit an Electrical Systems Engineer to work for our client on a high profile naval engineering project. You will be working on the Power & Propulsion Systems of the T45 Warship.
The T45 Warship Technical Authority combined with the DE&S T45 Warship Approving Authority form the T45 Design Authority. This role provides governance and oversight of Engineering decisions that affect T45 Power & Propulsion Systems.
The T45 WTA Electrical Systems Engineer will undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to the T45 P&P DTA, T45 Engineering team and other functions, and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements. He/she will be responsible for providing electrical systems engineering capability across a broad set of challenges to meet the needs of T45 COM internal projects and the customer programmes.
- Support to the T45 P&P Systems DTA and electrical team performing additional tasking as directed.
- Provide evidence that the wholeship design intent is maintained for P&P Systems and transversals.
- Compile the authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that the design change has been holistically integrated.
- Support the T45 P&P Systems DTA to ensure that the T45 Safety Case has integrity, is comprehensive, coherent and consistent.
- Collate evidence to support the management of P&P system margins and ensure transverse engineering impact is recorded and agreed with the WAA.
- Ensure that appropriate Engineering governance is maintained.
- Provide oversight of the production of design change guidance.
- Ensure the embodiment of design change is in accordance with the approved guidance and management of design query resolution.
- Collate evidence for Naval Authority Certification submissions.
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement of Platform design.
- Respond to technical enquiries.
- Support the verification of engineering requirements.
- Monitor the material state for divergence from the design intent.
- Complete Installation Inspections as required.
- Assist with Technical Investigations as required to identify RCA.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. You will be able to start with a baseline security check while the SC applications is ongoing, so if you are not currently SC cleared this need not hold up the start.
This requirement will be to start during 2021, the start date has not been specified yet but if you are interested in being considered the client is compiling a master list that will be consulted at the appropriate time.