Up to £0.00 per hour + Negotiable
14 days ago
Location: Bristol | Duration: 6 Months | Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists within a multinational aerospace company for a Systems Engineer to develop Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) for Earth Observation Satellites conducting various missions. The role holder will have the option of working from an office in either Bristol or Harwell, Oxfordshire.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Review of customer requirements;
- Define requirements for EGSE systems;
- Design EGSE systems for Satellite AIT;
- Maintain legacy EGSE systems working with team members based in other client sites for knowledge sharing;
- Develop documentation for the EGSE systems which may include:
- Functional/block and test configuration diagrams,
- Assembly drawings,
- Harness drawings,
- Certification procedures, and
- User manuals.
- Oversee manufacturing processes for EGSE systems, this may include:
- Managing/prioritizing the manufacturing processes, and
- Validation and certification for use in the AIT facility.
- 1st level support for the AIT facility, which may include:
- Commissioning of hardware,
- Composition of AIT procedures,
- Maintenance, and
- Configuration management of the ESGE hardware and software components.
- A background in the Space Sector is essential;
- Requirements Management through the full product life-cycle;
- Knowledge of CE marking; and
- Knowledge of any other relevant standards and low to mid-level electrical design is beneficial but not essential.