Egress Systems Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Egress Systems Maintenance Technician
The client I am representing are the UK Government's nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role is responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) employees and is responsible for installing inspecting, repairing and modification of the aircrew egress systems and related support equipment, as well as supervising the aircrew egress systems maintenance activities.
- Advising on Technical Problems of Installation, Maintenance and Repair of Egress Systems:
- Solving installation and maintenance problems by studying schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams and appropriate technical publications.
- Interpreting installation, maintenance and safety policies related to egress systems.
- Diagnosing malfunctions and maintainability when it comes to difficulties, as well as recommending corrective action for required reports, proposing modifications or other appropriate means.
- Devising maintenance procedures pertaining to aircrew egress systems and related support equipment.
- Installing, Removing, Repairing and Modifying Egress Systems:
- Performing installation, repair or removal of critical components such as initiators, simulators, pre-egress and egress controls and linkage, down locks, up-locks, inertia reel, seat positioning and actuator mechanisms, catapults and thrusters.
- Conducting detailed tests of replacement, repaired or installed components and performing functional tests of applicable egress sub-systems using bench mock-ups, test kits, inertia reel testers and other related test equipment.
- Performing corrosion control.
- Inspecting Aircrew Egress Systems:
- Performing routine and special inspections for security serviceability and currency of associated safety equipment, containers and release mechanisms.
- Inspecting seat actuators, initiators, positioners, thrusters, catapults and rails.
- Ensuring availability of required maintenance equipment, tools and spare parts.
- Assigning maintenance functions to subordinates and establishes priorities for work accomplishment.
- Evaluating performance of egress systems personnel in terms of compliance with operational policies, preventative maintenance directives and technical orders.
- Orienting newly assigned personnel and assigning individuals to unit positions.
- Planning and conducting on-the-job training.
- Reviewing training status to determine level of qualification achieved by individual and units.
- Knowledge of egress, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical principles as applied to the aircraft.
- Experience in maintaining egress systems is mandatory with completion of an Egress Systems Maintenance course.
- Applying maintenance directives, maintenance data reporting, using blueprints, diagrams, schematics and technical publication and well as implementing the proper handling, use and disposal of hazardous wastes and material.
- Completion of a basic and advanced aircraft maintenance course is essential.
- Security clearance as specified by the current RSAF directive is mandatory.
- Establish and maintain close working relations with the RSAF and the contractor personnel by working under the direct control of the Egress supervisor, contractor or RSAF who will be directed by RSAF or BAE higher management to carry out the Egress functions of their work area.
- Completion of a Martin Baker course.
- Educational courses in mathematics or mechanics and electronics are all desirable.
- A completed Tornado on Aircraft course would be desirable.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance supply procedures.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical principles as applied to aircrew egress systems; concepts and application of RSAFM 4-7166 series and supporting publications and use and interpretation of schematic drawings, wiring diagrams and technical publications is desirable.
- Understanding the concepts and application of RSAFM 4-7166 series and supporting publications.
To APPLY for this role please send your CV OR give me a call for more information on the role on 0161 707 1516.