£25.00 - £45.00 per hour
24 days ago
We are currently looking for a licenced bat worker, to support ECoW work with a bat licence who are able to support HS2 Ecology Contracts on a regular basis.
The pre requisites are:
* Accreditation to work under the licence (as granted by the named ecologist)
* Level 2 Bat Licence or higher
* Either a Tree climber or MEWP ticket
* Capability to undertake ground-level and aerial PRF assessments of trees within the licence area
* Wild Bat handling experience is essential
* Up to date rabies vaccinations
* Valid CSCS card
* Valid Emergency First Aid at Work certificate
The key role is for the surveyor to survey, assess and where necessary ultimately clear Potential Roost Features (PRFs) from trees, for the features to be removed from the tree prior to felling.
Initially, the surveyor may be required to assess the trees potential for a bat roost to be present from the ground and mark-up the tree following the data collection procedures (assigning a negligible, low, moderate or high status). Following this and the key/main works will involve either climbing the tree or going to the feature in a MEWP. Once in the tree the surveyor would examine the PRF to see if bats are present (use of endoscope alongside other survey techniques such as looking for droppings, stain marks etc.), if no bats are seen/present the PRF is cleared to remove by an arborist. If bats are present that may mean removing them from the feature (bat handling) if removal of the bat is not possible then an excluder would be placed on the feature, the roost would then be checked again the following day to see if that has gone. Once cleared, the surveyor will record all activities on fulcrum (data collection system) to allow the tree to be felled.