£33.00 - £43.00 per hour
6 months ago
12 m +
We have an excellent opportunity for an EC&I ENGINEER to support the Engineer in Charge in delivering project work from assignment to close out at Heysham Power Station.
This is a contract role of initially 12 months.
The successful Candidate will:
1. Manage the delivery of Projects, Jobs and Tasks while working with other Engineers, contractors and station personnel.
2. Produce Work Order Cards, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Quality plans, Construction Plans, Engineering Changes and other documentation required to deliver projects.
3. Ensure work is planned according to station processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
4. Perform the duties of a Supervisor if required when work parties are in the field.
5. Facilitate and chair meetings such as pre and post job briefs, setting to work meetings and project readiness reviews as required.
6. Conduct safety walks on a monthly basis as a minimum and report safety concerns through the appropriate channels immediately whenever and wherever they are found.
7. Promote quality at all times.
8. Comply with all procedures.
9. Apply internal and external standards and procedures to project activities.
10. Ensure project work complies with the Stations Work Management Processes.
11. Ensure documentation, including drawings and records are kept and tracked as appropriate and are closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
12. Attend suppliers to witness factory acceptance tests and other EDF sites to learn from experience as required for specific projects.
13. Adhere to the safety rules at all times to maintain safety from the system and be willing to undergo training to obtain Nominated Competent Person and Nominated Supervisor roles.
14. Perform walkdowns with contractors to scope out jobs and obtain quotes.
15. Review and approve contractor documentation prior to them completing work on site.
16. Act as a point of contact for specific fuel route projects.