Up to £40.00 per hour
2 months ago
We are currently looking for an EC&I Engineer for our client based at Dungness B Power station. This is a temporary contract to run for 12 months.
Candidates will need to have IOSH Managing Safely certificate and also be security vetted to CTC level.
Duties to include:
To ensure that during construction activities, the regulatory and statutory requirements complied with and to ensure the design and safety intent is met in construction. An Engineer shall ensure all engineering planning and ensure that safe systems of work are in place to undertake packages of work.
Assist the Site Manager and PM with works planning.
* Senior Engineers will delegate packages to and be responsible for Engineers when applicable
* Review of designs to plan installation works.
* Carry out Risk Assessments.
* Write method statements and quality plans.
* Manage the approval of work packages.
* Brief working parties (inc. Subcontractors).
* Ensure and drive progress, quality and safety during works.
* Manage inspections during works.
* Close out work packages.
Academic Requirements Experience requirements
* Level 6 qualification ( e.g. Degree) in appropriate Engineering discipline (preferred).
* Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution (i.e. CEng) (preferred).
* IOSH Managing Safely. * Commensurate experience over a range of engineering topics or commensurate construction management experience. Experience should include all phases of a complex, multi-discipline project, in a regulated environment (preferably nuclear).
* Level 4 or 5 Qualification (e.g. HNC/HND) in an appropriate Engineering discipline where augmented with specific experience.
* Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution in applicable discipline (i.e. I.Eng) (preferred).