Romney Marsh, Kent
£20.00 - £27.00 per hour
9 months ago
We are currently looking for an EC&I Technician for Dungeness B power station. This will be to start in July 2020 and will run until March 2021.
Candidates will need to have a CCNSG Safety Passport and be security cleared to CTC level.
To undertake electrical or instrumentation installation / maintenance activities.
1) Report to the site Supervisor, Foreman or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
2) Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
3) Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
4) Work in compliance with the requirements of the Cavendish Nuclear Health and Safety Procedures.
5) Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
6) Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line with HS-PRD-010 and in particular Live Working Restrictions where authorised.
7) Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Foreman/Engineer before proceeding further.
8) Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
9) Build only 'to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
10) Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of work.
11) Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of Safety and Company policy.
12) Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
13) Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
The Electrical Technician or Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of staff. The services of the establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.