Up to £16.35 per hour
20 days ago
Early Careers Advisor
The Early Careers team is responsible for ensuring that the correct mix of new talent is brought into the Naval Nuclear and Naval Marine business at the Devonport & Keynsham sites to support our client's future growth requirements. The team is also responsible for managing the STEM engagement programme in support of the Early Careers strategy and for managing the development programmes for graduates and higher level business apprentices.
Key Responsibilities of role
This is primarily an externally facing role in which the individual will be responsible for active engagement with local schools and academies and STEM organisations in support of our annual apprentice recruitment campaign.
Externally, this will include:
- Managing the relationships with local schools and colleges and agreeing and attending a programme of engagement activities. This will include managing the communications with local education providers.
- Responsible for putting together and delivering presentations.
- Working with the STEM team to deliver the STEM strategy including work experience programmes, engagement and activity programmes.
Note: some of the above will include evening and weekend working
Internally, this will include:
- Working with the local apprenticeship teams
- Working with the STEM Team and the graduates to ensure the STEM programme is delivered
- Collaborative working with the HR Shared Service team.
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of work experience programmes.
Additional activities will include:
- Supporting graduate & undergraduate development programme.
- Supporting early careers inductions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Articulate, effective and concise communicator with strong influencing skills.
- Proactive work ethic with attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal guidance and support.
- Ability to develop and build relationships at all levels within the organisation internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Educated to A Level Standard or equivalent (Level 3 on the national qualification framework) or holding or working towards Level 5 CIPD qualification.
- Ideally holds a level 3 CIAG qualification.
This role is based at Devonport Royal Dockyard which is located in the vibrant city of Plymouth, Devon in the south west of England.