E&I Maintenance Technician 12mth FTC
To work as part as the Maintenance Execution team actively carrying out the activities on the maintenance plan and responding to breakdown situations. To deliver the maintenance plan and support the plant online factor.
The Maintenance Team are responsible for ensuring that process and process related equipment are performing to the required standard, whilst ensuring the successful delivery of the Maintenance Plan and supporting the delivery of the Group enrichment plan. The Maintenance Team strives toward a culture of continuous improvement whilst operating in an environment that complies with all health, safety, security and regulatory requirements. The Maintenance Team have the greatest influence on the online time factor and therefore the performance of the maintenance team will impact significantly on the company profits.
Functional Purpose - Maintenance Execution
The Maintenance Execution function prioritise and carry out the activity to ensure process and process related equipment are operating to the required standard. More specifically:
- Carry out PM1,2,3,4 and 5 work orders
- Carry out debugging and diagnostics
- Facilitate and lead problem solving
- Develop people through on the job training
- Provide support to other departments
- Manage contractors
- Deliver the maintenance plans on the agreed timescales
- Work efficiently and effectively to achieve the set goals
- Works in a highly regulated environment
- Completes Technical tasks in accordance to the maintenance plan
- Carry out all maintenance activities safely
- Continuously look for improvements to the maintenance processes
- Support the plant online factor though maintaining process equipment
Technical Skills Required
- Developed technical, planning and communications skills
- Good communication and customer liaison skills to be able to identify and understand requirements and to gain confidence in solutions provided
- Ability to communicate in non-specialist, business focused terms.
- Proficient in the use of site computer systems and applications as appropriate for the role (e.g. Microsoft word, SAP, PACS, email)
- Business awareness & commercial focused
- In-depth knowledge of all maintenance activities carried out on site
- Familiarity with technical documentation requirements in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to analyse technical data to aid fault finding
- Ability to follow and update maintenance working instructions, permits and procedures to ensure all standards are met
- The capability of understanding electrical drawings, instrumentation drawings, mechanical drawings and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Fault find on technical systems down to component level
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent
- HNC / NVQ (Level3) and/or City and Guilds qualification.
- Senior secondary vocational education. Ideally Grade C or above in Maths, English and Science