Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per hour + shifts
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit time-served Fitters to join a large name in the Rolling Stock Industry.
Working as directed by and in co-operation with the Production Manager, you will comply with:-
- All depot protection procedures
- Safety notices, rules and regulations and follow safe working practices, H & S.A.W. and C.O.S.H.H.
- Quality Systems, e.g. ISO 9001.
- Working as part of a team, completing or assisting in any of the team's activities to ensure work is completed on time to specification.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Secondary fault finding (in-depth)
- Maintaining good housekeeping systems of work areas.
- Using IT Systems related to work being done, including systems related to safety and
- Carrying out final work and process inspections as required.
- Accepting training in other skills and carry out duties, e.g. forklift, road vehicle driving (if certified), attending call-outs and breakdowns if required.
- Being capable of being trained in other activities/skills as required by the Production Manager.
Key skills and requirements for the role include:-
- Dual skilled (mechanical and electrical)
- Experience of working to procedures, work instructions and vehicle maintenance instructions
- Knowledge, and practical experience of vehicle maintenance
- Experience of coaching and instructing other team members
- Technical skills in fault finding, reading schematic diagrams, work to technical instructions.
- Written & communication skills.
- Team worker and self-motivated.
- Problem resolution.
- Work under own initiative.
- IT literate including MS Office packages.