£43.96 - £50.00 per hour + Ltd co (£43.96 PAYE incl holiday)
6 months ago
DSP FPGA Development Engineer
Portsmouth - 12 month contract with potential to extend - Pay rate £50 p/h Ltd or £43.96 PAYE including holiday pay
We are looking to recruit a high speed digital signal processing FPGA design engineer for our client, working on complex satellite and space engineering projects in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will join the Earth Observation, Science and Navigation business line (ENS) and will be working within a team utilising the latest development tools and exploiting advanced FPGA products from Xilinx and Atmel, on state-of-the art developments for a new space-borne environmental radar satellite for the European Space Agency (ESA).
- Analyse all relevant requirements and perform high speed, robust FPGA designs for Space application using VHDL on Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale and/or Actel target devices
- Perform analyses and maintain budgets to confirm compliance to requirements taking into account environmental factors and margins.
- Develop and implement verification strategies, test benches, plans and procedures to ensure adequate verification and validation of performance.
- Prepare documentation in compliance with ECSS requirements on ASIC and FPGA development: ECSS-Q-ST-60-02C.
- Prepare and present oral and written information in clear and concise form for formal project reviews, and customer progress meetings.
- Participate in hardware testing and debugging with embedded firmware.
- Degree level in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record of successful high speed DSP design and firmware development targeting advanced Xilinx FPGAs or similar, and integration of complex FPGAs and digital boards.
- The primary focus of this role will be on Microsemi RTG4 Radiation Tolerant FPGA (non-DSP).
- Proven ability in use of Mentor graphics tools including Signal & Power Integrity analysis.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary systems engineering environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in written form, for presentation internally and to customers.
- Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale (DSP)
- Knowledge of working to ESA standards or ECSS-Q-ST-60-02C standard is highly advantageous.
Due to the sensitive nature of the project involved, all candidates must be capable of gaining a Baseline level security clearance.