Rate on application
3 months ago
The purpose of this role is to provide driving and maintenance support for the MoD "green fleet" vehicles - including Land Rovers, MAN SV, Aircraft Refueller/Oshcosh and Aircraft towing tractors - at the Army Air Corps Centre at Middle Wallop.
The role is line managed and accountable to our client's site manager operating at the Army Aviation Centre, Middle Wallop. However, the role will function within the MoD's Mechanical Transport organisation, routinely working alongside Civil Service and military staffs and will be managed directly by the MOD.
The key accountabilities of the job holders will be as follows:
* General vehicle maintenance and servicing duties, with the ability to problem solve and fault find to ensure minimum downtime in accordance with the Customer's and the Company's standards, practices and procedures.
* Undertake driving tasks, appropriate to licences held, in support of the MoD's AACen Task and commensurate with our clients Hades Contract. This will require on call duties.
* Work as member of the MoD team and support other trades when necessary.
* Complete all documentation accurately and legibly input data to customer computer based maintenance system (JAMES) when/if required
* To ensure a quality service delivery by understanding both the customer needs and contractual requirements thus maintaining good customer relations.
* To be productive and efficient, whilst maintaining good quality standards
* Respect and contribute to AA Cen Middle Wallop and our clients company values
* To act in a safe manner at all times in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Health and Safety directives.
* To undertake tasks/duties and development training within the remit of their competency levels as authorised and directed by line management.