Rate on application
24 days ago
The purpose of this role is to provide driving and maintenance support for the MoD _green fleet vehicles - including Land Rovers, MAN SV, Aircraft Refueller/Oshcosh and Aircraft towing tractors - at the Army Air Corps Centre at Middle Wallop.
The role will function within the MoD Transport organisation, routinely working alongside Civil Service and military staffs and will be managed directly by the MOD.
The key accountabilities of the job holders will be as follows:
* General vehicle maintenance and servicing duties, with the ability to problem solve and fault find to ensure minimum downtime in accordance with the Customers and the Companies standards, practices and procedures.
* Undertake driving tasks, appropriate to licences held, in support of the Task and commensurate with our Clients Hades Contract. This will require on call duties.
* Work as member of the MoD team and support other trades when necessary.
* Complete all documentation accurately and legibly input data to customer computer based maintenance system (JAMES) when/if required
* To ensure a quality service delivery by understanding both the customer needs and contractual requirements thus maintaining good customer relations.
* To be productive and efficient, whilst maintaining good quality standards
* To act in a safe manner at all times in accordance with the Health and Safety.
* To undertake tasks/duties and development training within the remit of their competency levels as authorised and directed by line management.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
* Background/qualifications will either be time-served in the industry/MOD or an apprentice trained in the maintenance of vehicles up to and including HGV.
* Hold full clean driving license with categories BE,CE with ADR and D
* Experience with aircraft refueller/Oshkosh and other military vehicles
* Knowledge and understanding of MoD working environment, practices and procedures including JAMES system.