Isle of Anglesey, Wales
Up to £13 per hour
7 months ago
Hours: 37 plus overtime as required
We wish to appoint Drivers reporting to the Transport Manager required to provide driving support of the Contract with the MoD within a flexible shift system.
The key accountabilities of the job holder will be as follows:
To undertake varied driving tasks and duties within the day to day running of the Transport Section including:
* Driving duties within the Military Transport Section Mon - Fri on an agreed shift system, between the hours of 0600 and 2000.
* Ad-hoc overtime and weekend work can be required to support customer requirements. Some tasks may require overnight (Hotel accommodation supplied) stops away from RAF Valley.
* The post requires that the driver is ideally licensed to operate cars, vans, mini-buses, Heavy Goods Vehicles and coaches.
* Ability to drive aircraft refuel vehicles.
* The driver would be responsible for ensuring that daily inspection was carried out before use and that any faults were reported and the cleanliness of the vehicles was maintained.
* All vehicles are operated under an O Licence and the driver must have Tachograph and drivers hours' knowledge.
* Drivers are expected to work flexibly and willingly, potentially in all areas of the Contract - not just driving, undertaking tasks commensurate with their training, knowledge, competency and capabilities in order to deliver the Company's contracted output to the MoD.
Qualifications and Experience
* Experienced PCV Driver holding cat D licence as the minimum.
* Driver CPC Holder.
* HGV Licence
* Knowledge and understanding of MOD practices.
* Knowledge of Drivers Hours Regulations.
* Tachograph knowledge.
* Minimum colour perception of CP2.
* Able to work well independently and within a team.
* Can work on own initiative.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake MOD security clearance.