Up to £0.00 per annum
17 days ago
Principal / Senior Drainage Engineer
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
We are striving to attract a technically advanced and commercially aware Principal / Senior Engineer to join our existing HS2 drainage team.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
Degree Qualified - Essential
Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (M.I.C.E.) - Desirable
* Transport infrastructure background (surface water, highway and rail design), with an understanding of major project delivery in a Design & Build environment.
* Thorough knowledge of DMRB and Network Rail drainage standards and an appreciation of Hydrological methods.
* Experienced in using and managing Autodesk Civils 3D for infrastructure design and skilled in use of Microdrainage for drainage design.
* Ability in use of Projectwise for document management workflow.
* Flexibility to work remotely as required as part of a national and international team.
* Supporting management of the drainage team for delivery to programme and budget.
* Previous experience in the control and supervision of aspects of a project, applying standards with the ability to resolve technical issues.
* Sound experience of supporting commercial aspects of design projects
* Excellent motivator with the ability to influence and manage people and situations effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Drainage team lead and Engineering Managers, you will hold a key role within the team, providing expert technical advice and leading by example through the successful delivery of work packages on the HS2 project. A "completer/finisher" mindset is required to ensure the designs for individual assets are progressed to construction ready status.
You will be accountable for taking a leading role in the delivery of Trach, Land and Highway surface water drainage design to meet the client's requirements and HS2 acceptance standards, taking responsibility for technical output. You will support the management of drainage discipline tasks including resource allocation, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design, providing both leadership and technical advice to project team, also mentor and develop team members to enable them to achieve their full potential.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
* Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
* Provision of design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
* Checking / vetting all designs before issue
* Undertaking consultancy assignments, providing advisory support and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches.
* Maintain good relationships with wider team and Client key representatives.
* Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs.
* Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills.
* Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager.