Wigan, Greater Manchester
Negotiable dependant on experience
11 months ago
4 months +
Our client one of the UK's largest charities, who maintain 2,000 miles of historic canals, rivers, docks and reservoirs, is looking to recruit a Document Writer to work at their office in Wigan for an initial 4 Month Contract with a review to extend.
The purpose of the role will be to join their Health and Safety team. This will be to assist the Health and Safety Manager re-write/re-design the safety standards for the Trust to make them more engaging and reader friendly for their staff.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience working in a similar role and possess articulate and creative skills. Further to this they will have excellent attention to detail and be able to engage and follow tasks accordingly.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualification in English Language, English Literature, Creative Writing, Health and Safety or a similar discipline would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational, writing and communication skills
- Experience with In Design would be advantageous although not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Excellent time and resource management skills to be utilised in a deadline-orientated environment
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Customer Service experience advantageous but not essential
- writing and editing customer-friendly product documentation.
- Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading
Part-time hours 3-4 days a week would also be considered.