East London, London
£15.00 - £18.00 per hour
2 months ago
6 months +
Job Type: Document Control (Rail)
Contract: 6 months +
Rate: £15/hr - £18/hr
Start Date: 01/02/2019
Document Control Role
The Asset Protection team manages and supports Outside and Third Parties who plan construction works on or close to the our Client's land. As part of this they need to secure acceptance from our client before work can proceed. The client therefore reviews a variety of technical and safety related documents and these reviews are communicated back to the Outside/Third Party.
The Document Controller will be part of the Major Rail Team and based in their offices in Stratford.
The Document Controller's duties will be expected to consist of
* Collating and tracking incoming documents for review by the client's staff, filing of submissions within the client's document control systems, printing and setting up hard copy files and distributing to the client's team as required.
* Receiving the responses produced by the client, tracking and filing these and communicating the response to the Outside Party.
* Maintenance of a spreadsheet Tracker to manage incoming and outgoing submissions.
* Liaison with project team, client, and representatives of Outside/Third Parties as required.
* Ad-hoc support to the client's Project Managers, Team's Project Manager and other members of the team as required (eg interrogation of the Tracker to produce ad-hoc statistics and reports, timesheet management, filing etc).
Educational Professional Qualifications Required
As the role is co-located with our client, the Document Controller will be a client facing role.
The document controller will need to be a self-starter with good communication and IT skills.
The successful candidate will have background in Document Control with significant experience in the Rail industry,
They will also need to be an organised individual able to manage and control incoming and outgoing communications, and who can also influence and drive forward the changing document control requirements within the Asset Protection team.