Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
- Purpose of the Job
To lead the Document Control team to deliver the strategy and policy for document control and management along with establishing and maintaining procedures for managing change control for documents within emerging Elizabeth Line Infrastructure.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Define, promote and embed strategies, policies and procedures required for Document Control within the Engineering, Operations, Maintenance and Rolling Stock & Depots functions.
- Maintain and enhance the existing Document Control system to meet the needs of Elizabeth Line.
- Monitor compliance against policies and procedures for document control, through regular quality checks and audits.
- Provide advice and guidance to address problems and where appropriate issue corrective actions to resolve non-compliances.
- Maintain and develop SharePoint and LiveLink EDMS to process incoming and outgoing project critical documentation and support the wider business needs.
- Manage the Document Control team and the service it delivers so that it meets the business' day to day needs and its longer-term strategic requirements.
- Play a key role in the development of the future Enterprise Content Management solution for the organisation. The post holder will need to act as an SME within the programme and guide the development of the future solution to ensure it meets the business requirements.
- Collation of progress and performance statistics as required and support the Business Management team in preparation of correspondence and reports.
- Provide training on document control system(s) to DC team members and the wider EL community as required.
- Control the issue and receipt of all documents ensuring appropriate quality checks take place based upon the type of information being processed.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
- Main challenges of the job
- Lead the transfer and ownership of all documents handed over from the Crossrail project team in such a way as to make them easily and safely accessible to the Elizabeth line teams in the future.
- Establishing and embedding standardised and consistently applied document control policies and procedures across all the individual departments within Crossrail.
- Sustaining the document control policy and procedures balanced against a dynamic working environment where change is inevitable.
- Adapting policy and procedures efficiently and effectively in such a way that change is transparent to the end users of the document control service.
- Ensuring that at all times, safety of staff and of the railway is supported by correct management of documents.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- The Elizabeth Line/RFLI Business Management team or such successors as may emerge.
- Functional heads of all departments and their direct reports; understanding the business processes and overall requirements that the Document Control System(s) & Service(s) must support.
- Operations Programme Manager; review and assess the cost impact of policies, procedures and future potential changes to these and advise accordingly.
- Person Specification
- Previous experience as a Document Controller / Manager is essential, ideally within the rail / transportation sectors.
- Experience with electronic document management (EDMS) and training systems essential.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong analytical skills and verbal, written, organisational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing a document control team.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Electronic Data Management Systems (EDMS), SharePoint and MS Office Products.