Up to £13.48 per hour
20 days ago
A new opportunity has become available for a Document Controller to develop and populate a database of asset and documentation information, paying close attention to detail and working methodically and logically to produce accurate results.
- Interrogation of Document Management Systems to compile and validate data for key design records.
- Engage with stakeholders to determine the sufficiency and accuracy of those records.
- Assist in the development of reports and KPIs to highlight areas of excellence or requiring improvement.
- Carry out additional document control related duties and responsibilities which may be required e.g. workflow, hazard protection and retrieval of documentation.
Organisational Specific Competencies
Work with minimal supervision and direction; Can be counted on to handle special duties; Follow-up on issues without prompting; Meet deadlines.
Initiative and Leadership
Self-starter; Help others when needed; Flexible; Show desire to master job, take pride in work and seek continuous improvement; Actively tackle problems; Seek new opportunities; Strive to see projects to completion.
Perform a variety of tasks independently while contributing to the team environment; Build positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interest.
Support and encourage others; Give and receive constructive criticism; Negotiate; Listen to and value other's opinions; Convey ideas to a group; Maintain confidentiality.
Follow policies, procedures, instructions and pre-determined guidelines; Support organization's goals and values.
Job Specific Competences
Oral and Written Communication
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal business stakeholders and external customers and suppliers.
Proactively anticipate and respond promptly to internal and external customer needs; Respond to all requests for service and assistance.
Planning & Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities; React well under pressure; Ensure information is organized and accessible.
Demonstrate accuracy and thoughtfulness; Delivers timely and accurate results; Tasks completed efficiently and within required timescale.
Produces an appropriate quantity of work; Able to manage multiple projects; Able to determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
Required Education, Skills and/or Experience
- Document management experience in a regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems is desirable (training can be provided).
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with Access and SharePoint.
- Ability and willingness to learn our internal processes and systems.
- Must be approachable and capable of quickly establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control