Birmingham, West Midlands
£130 - £135 per day
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Recruiting for a Document Controller to work on a contract basis for a leading client in the Rail Industry based in Birmingham.
Reporting to the Lead Document Controller, you will provide facilitate design delivery on a variety of multi-disciplinary projects within the rail environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
Overview of Role
To establish and maintain an information management and document control service function, processes, procedures and supporting systems, for the Geographical Area. Maintain effective control of all programme / project information and documentation.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor and maintain conformity of approach, consistent configuration of systems and standard accessibility of documentation.
* Approve processes, procedures and systems to maintain effective information management and document control.
* Monitor adoption of information management and document control processes within programme and project teams
* Scanning and registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence, reports, drawings and other files between Arcadis and external parties/ clients, as well as using the document management systems;
* Uploading / downloading electronic drawings and technical documents to the extranet sites;
* Receive, issue and distribute project documentation;
* Record and distribute incoming and outgoing documents to ensure accurate data recording;
* Maintain project documentation filing system and archive;
* Contact key people in the UK and globally to secure outstanding paperwork in a professional manner
* Co-ordinate with Project Managers/Quantity Surveyors/delivery teams and ensure correct document and drawing management;
* Performs such other task related functions that may be assigned from time to time.
* Prepare and deliver training to delivery teams relating to document management
* Assist the team in general administrative tasks.
* Relevant successful experience in the management of information and documentation in an engineering project environment.
* Knowledge of project delivery processes.
* Excellent understanding of the full Microsoft software package, in particular MS Excel
* Experience with Data Management Systems for project delivery such as ProjectWise or eB