£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
Our client are a multi disciplinary engineering and design consultancy, who engage in complex projects for their varied client base.
You will be tasked to Lead the document control team and provide an effective, timely and quality driven document control service.
As part of a framework with their client in power generation, they are looking for a Document Control Manager / Lead Document Controller with a strong skill set/experience in the following areas:
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Be the front of the team to resolve and manage conflicts/queries and enhance customer satisfaction
* Lead/manage a minimum of two Document Controllers
* Maintain, enhance and communicate the project filing system for electronic and paper based information
* Manage and control drawings and correspondence between project team and external parties using the appropriate document control system, including databooks
* Adhere to and develop as necessary document control manuals, processes and procedures, templates and instructions and ensure Document Controllers follow them and users of the system are fully trained.
* Archiving of electronic and paper documentation
* Comply with safe working practices
* Represent the company in a presentable, professional manner as a team player
* Willing and able to travel to other office/site locations as necessary
* Any other ad hoc duties as required by the Line Manager/Project Team
SKILLS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
* Excellent IT skills covering Microsoft Office products. In depth knowledge of SharePoint, Conject and Adobe Acrobat
* Good organisation, communication and dispute resolution skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy - Results and quality focussed individual
* Good inter-personal skills - Able to work effectively in a team environment and on own
* Previously managed Document controllers/people
* Ability to develop clear and precise processes.
* Detailed knowledge of the methods of creating, controlling and distributing documents
* Understand the requirements for preserving and archiving documentation
* Basic understanding of Engineering/Procurement/Construction/Commissioning documents
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
* Self-directed and highly motivated
IN GENERAL THE LEAD DOCUMENT CONTROLLER SHOULD:
* Ensure that the Document Control Processes and Procedures are continually updated and communicated to the ISS/Project teams
* Ensure that the Document Control Processes and Procedures Guide is communicated to all new starters and Project Contractors/Sub-Contractors as part of any starter pack and induction
* Ensure the Document Control team are working effectively and customer satisfaction levels are high (customers will be internal project teams and external Joint Ventures)
* Direct, train and manage the Document Controllers, ensuring there are no mistakes
* Undertake Document Controller activities when required e.g. cover for holidays
* Train project users and contractors, ensuring systems are fully implemented and efficiently working, keeping abreast of current best practices and better ways of utilising the systems
* Have the ability to investigate and appropriately manage issues
* Manage and control distribution lists as per agreed distribution matrices
* Ensure all incoming/outgoing information is thoroughly QA checked
* Produce and maintain Document Progress Reports as required to the relevant stakeholders
The appropriate person should hold a current driving licence and preferably have their own transport. Travel will be an essential, albeit small part of the role.
Role based at Castle Donnington.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516