Manchester, Greater Manchester
£250 - £275 per day
17 days ago
6 months +
My client is a large civil engineering consultancy that are undertaking a new commissioned project based in Manchester for a market leading telecoms and internet service provider.
They are actively looking for a Document Control Manager to implement and control the documents issued and received by the Delivery Managers and Build Partners for the project.
Duties are to include:
- To define and implement a suitable filesharing platform to allow for the controlled sharing of documents between parties involved in the build phase activity (if not done by systems already in place within VMB suite of systems)
- To implement a clear naming convention to allow for the easy retrieval of documents
- To manage analysts within their team to support Delivery Managers in logging and storing build phase records and correspondence
- To manage analysts within their team to ensure internal facing / partner facing governance meetings actions and decisions logs are kept up-to-date and stored in a readily accessible manner
- To support the Programme Director and Customer Contract Manager in the logging and storing of regular performance reports submitted by them to the Contracting Authorities.
- To brief relevant process step owners in the document control and change management approach to allow for the capture and control of documents produced in stages preceding build phase activity.
- To establish a process for placing key Build Phase documents under version control
- To establish a process for review and approval for key documents prior to issue outside of Programme Team (Programme Director and Programme Support team)
- To manage analysts within their team to ensure document version and change control approach is adopted by Programme Support Team and Build Partners.
The right candidate will have:
- Proven experience in Document Control approaches and methodologies
- Strong Stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience of working in a high paced, constrained environment
- Experience of leading others in proactive delivery of document change and control approaches
- Proven experience of working with programmed leaders in establishing a clear audit trail for programmed delivery activity
- Experience of similar roles role in the telecoms or utilities sectors
- Valid, clean UK driving licence
For more information on this role, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.