£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Divisional Business Analyst
To provide the Divisional Management Team with value added analytical content to support strategic and operational decisions. To support divisional finance processes and to provide stewardship by ensuring a rigorous control environment across multiple sites. The person undertaking this position will have a high degree of autonomy in what is a trusted, visible and important newly created role. They will gain a broad range of experiences across multiple facets of an organization whilst working closely with the Divisional team and Business leaders. This role is seen as a stepping stone towards career progression within Group.
- Support the Divisional Management Team with insightful information to facilitate business decisions. This will include operational, financial and marketing information.
- Using expert level Excel database analysis skills, interrogate data from multiple sources to enable visibility of profitability at product, customer, market and capability level across the Division.
- Manage the KPI process, ensuring consistency of data across businesses and on-time, high quality data reporting.
- Run the budget process and complete budget analysis to aid business challenge.
- Run financial reporting processes for month end, forecast and the strategic plan.
- Ensure Divisional oversight of local business internal audit & controls to ensure compliance with group performance expectations and policies.
- Deputises for Divisional FD (Performance reviews, Bids) when necessary.
- Support scenario modelling for key business cases and M&A activity as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Educated to degree level.
- Qualified accountant. Preferably ACA big 4.
- Advanced excel capability to include analytical tools to extract data from non-Microsoft sources.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Finance Business partnering in an engineering/complex project environment.
- Business analytics, ERPs, Microsoft Excel, database management. The candidate should be comfortable interrogating and correlating information from a wide range of sources including databases, text files and spreadsheets. They should be able to understand data held in JSON, XML and SQL information-structures and be able to generate queries and searches across these using appropriate technologies and interfaces.
- Internal audit background a plus.
- Would suit someone with approximately three years post qualification experience in industry or fast learner looking to make their first move out of practice into industry.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to influence across functions and levels and work in a collaborative style.
- Tenacious - able to get the job done whilst working multiple activities in parallel.
- Demonstrable analytical skills, able to use the output to guide the Divisional Board.
- Strong knowledge of auditing techniques and financial control principles.
- Highly organized, able to get into the detail whilst being capable of making judgements when faced with alternatives and conflicts.
- Commercially astute and have the mental agility to grasp complex situations quickly.
- You must have the drive and passion to invest yourself fully in the business to deliver to the required outputs, be curious and a self-starter and able to work off your own initiative.
- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done knows how to organize people and activities understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow knows what to measure and how to measure it can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others cant can simplify complex processes.
- Enjoys working hard action orientated and full of energy for things you see as challenging