Manchester, Greater Manchester
9 days ago
Job Description: Disability and Inclusion Coordinator
Location: Old Trafford, with travel to sites as required
Manchester United Foundation works in some of the most disadvantaged areas of Greater Manchester. We deliver leadership and personal development projects to help young people achieve their goals.
Within the Disability and Inclusion department, our Inclusive Reds programme offers equal sport and physical activity opportunities for disabled young people, their friends and family.
We aim to provide more opportunities for non-disabled and disabled young people to play Unified Football. We hope by training and playing together we can create a pathway to friendship and understanding.
The role will promote a culture of inclusivity across all Foundation strategies. Our goal is for young people with disabilities to have full access to our projects and become active, skilled, confident and employable.
Leadership and Strategy
1. Work with the Disability and Inclusion Manager to develop a delivery plan for Unified Football and meet the objectives of the SLA with partners.
2. Create a learning environment that is inspiring, dynamic, challenging and educational.
3. Lead staff to ensure they deliver the highest standards of care, supervision, safeguarding and service.
4. Identify and develop qualitative programmes in line with the approved strategic plan.
5. Create a culture of inclusivity across the Foundation. Lead on the awareness, up-skilling and training of staff for inclusive sport and disability awareness.
6. Build strong, effective and innovative partnerships with other departments and with external stakeholders.
7. Work with the Disability and Inclusion Manager to maximise budgets and funding against programme objectives.
8. Keep up-to-date with local and national legislation and statistics, which have an impact on the direction of our work.
9. Work with the Disability and Inclusion Manager and communications team to promote Unified Football activities.
10. Uphold and promote our safeguarding policies and work closely with the Manchester United safeguarding team.
11. We may assign additional reasonable duties that are consistent with the purpose of the role, including the ability to work flexible hours and travel.
Management and Operations
1. Work with the Disability and Inclusion Manager to create safer working practices, assessments and training to support SLA objectives and to promote a team ethos within the Foundation.
2. Create a personal development and training plan for other departments, participants and volunteers. Each plan will be relevant to their roles, activities and engagement with children and young people. The plans will contain objectives, KPIs, time lines and budgetary implications.
3. Coordinate and deliver a calendar of Unified Football sessions and events to increase opportunities for current and new players.
4. Complete risk assessments to ensure a safe and healthy working environment in line with Foundation and club policies.
5. Ensure the timely collection of data, information, case studies and evidence to demonstrate good practice for communication strategies and monitoring and evaluation purposes. This will be in line with company and national data protection legislation including GDPR.
Education and Qualifications
· Demonstrate academic achievement in secondary and/or further education.
· Strong functional skills in mathematics and English.
· Level 2 or equal qualifications in a disability-specific field.
· A full and clean UK driving licence (or recognised equivalent).
· FA Level 2 in coaching football and relevant support qualifications.
· Any other disability sport or equivalent qualifications.
· Relevant work experience with children and young people of all abilities, preferably within a charity, education or sports environment. Experience can be paid or voluntary.
· Proven ability of engaging with stakeholders and external partners to achieve objectives.
· Experience of scoping, delivering, monitoring and evaluating physical activity and education programmes.
· Experience of maximising budgets against agreed objectives and activities.
Experience of managing partnerships and programmes.
Demonstrate a passion for innovation, creativity and excellence.
· Empathy towards others.
· A passion for working with children, young people and hard-to-reach groups.
· Self-driven individual who brings enthusiasm and energy to their delivery.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Ability to adapt and diversify delivery in programmes/sessions.
· Inclusive leadership skills that bring together diverse individuals, groups and stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
· Excellent digital skills.
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne Oxton on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.
This role is managed by Manchester United's recruitment partner, Morson International. By submitting your CV for this role you are providing your consent to your CV and application details being sent to Morson International for the purposes of managing the recruitment process.