3 months ago
This position is responsible for all aspects of Final Inspection of Our Client's Houston Turbine, Energy, SPS & Dillon, SC UT Products. This includes in-house dimensional and ultrasonic inspection, First Article Inspection correlation, the Mechanical performance Test Lab, and the Metallography Lab. This position is also responsible for the management and coordination of the outside subcontractors performing dimensional inspection, NDT inspection, Mechanical Testing, and Metallographical inspection. Hands on management / direct involvement with the internal team and the external resources are critical to the success of this position. Management of the product flow and ensuring that all inspections and testing are completed in concurrence with the planned product flow is a crucial element of this position. Ensuring the correlation of subcontractor data to internal data is another crucial element of this position. Cost control and throughput are key measurements of this position.
* For all RFQs (request for quotes) and sales orders, review customer documentation and ensure manufacturing, technical and quality requirements are met and documented. Identify industrial standards assuring the organization can meet the specifications required. Preemptively identify and communicate issues that can be resolved early, thus avoiding costly Inspection or Manufacturing options that delay processes.
* Interpret customer requirements that may have hidden costs. (i.e., fixturing, tooling, testing, NDE acceptance criteria, etc) and recommend cost savings, especially the cost associated with surveillance, notification ranges, and requests that exceed Industry requirements.
* Review or create order specific Inspection & Test Plans and Quality Plans obtain and maintain customer approval of required documents.
* Negotiate/recommend effective surveillance options (when required by customer), set up all related documents/procedures to ensure those agreed to options are known and met. Act as/or manage the primary third party interfaces.
* Review and approve final material certifications for compliance and accuracy prior to release to customer then, as required, secure customer release for shipment.
* Manage the process to reduce operational queues associated with approval of ITP's, QA Plans, Waivers, Submissions, or any document requiring outside approval..
* Address quality inquiries and concerns from our customer and their representatives
* Perform internal audits to identify processes enhancement and ensure compliance with QMS Ensure a strong QMS by performing Internal Audits, and recommending CARs & PARs
* Partner with documentation specialist to engineer new techniques and processes to improve the flow of data and documentation
* Direct and oversee quality system for adherence to industry specs, and managing the plant's inspection and data collection system in compliance with ISO/API and other governing bodies.
* Responsibilities include audit and continuing improvement of plant and third party services including the management of client and third party inspection groups operating within the plant and related to company projects.
* Proven record of successful implementation of data driven system or process improvements
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field. Metallurgical concentration is a plus.
* ASQ Certification (CQA, CQE, SSGB) or willingness to obtain certification if not certified.
* Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification is preferred.
* 10+ years of experience working within the quality function in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience working within a metal processing environment preferred.
* Experience in a regulated environment, ISO and or ASME preferred.
* Individual must be comfortable in a lean, metric driven environment which requires a strong work ethic, team orientation and hands on involvement.
* Ability to train others in statistical methods and techniques
* Requires a logical approach to problem solving, analytical skills and big-picture understanding.
* Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional peers as well as upper level management.
* The ability to make independent judgments and utilize problem solving skills.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Computer proficiency and Organizational skills