US$130000.00 - US$150000.00 per annum
5 months ago
The Director, Area Sales is responsible for meeting revenue goals within assigned accounts in the Energy industry within North America. This position directly manages Sales Account Managers, reports to the Vice President, Regional Sales, and works out of the Houston, Texas office.
* Achieve aggressive Regional license revenue and service sales targets each fiscal quarter and fiscal year.
* Manage a group of experienced Account Managers who are geographically dispersed. This includes:
1. Recruiting and hiring as required
2. Training and coaching
3. Performance Management, including dismissals, if appropriate.
* Train and coach Sales Account Managers in all aspects of the sales process and sales methodology, account management, company resource coordination, and administration.
* Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts to executive management.
* Maintain sales expenses within allocated budget.
* Coordinate with Global Account Sales Management to ensure proper account coordination and penetration in assigned accounts and sales quota achievement on a team basis.
* Coordinate with business unit management and staff to ensure proper pricing of proposed solutions and development of new campaigns.
* Coordinate opportunities with solution partners as required.
* Bachelors degree required. Business or Chemical Engineering degree preferred
* Minimum 10- 15 years selling enterprise software and engineering solutions required- Energy market preferred
* 10 years of direct sales management experience required
* Familiarity with process modeling software products and services, advance process control / real time optimization, manufacturing execution systems and planning and scheduling solutions preferred.
* Executive presence and demeanor with consultative/execution relationship building selling skills a must.
* Demonstrated record of success in direct sales role
* Ability to lead, motivate, and manage sales professionals
* Ability to successfully interact with C-Suite executives of clients.
* Ability to perform in a highly stressful, result-focused, environment.
* Requires 50% travel per calendar year, including overnight travel.
* This position requires flexibility in work hours and routinely more than 40 hour work weeks.