27 days ago
Title: Direct Buyer
Location: Cheshire region
We are currently supporting a leading sector organisation that have a global footprint in delivering services to the highest standard. They have around 850 customers Worldwide, providing best-in-class airport ground services for some 200 million passengers annually, handling approximately 4.5 million tonnes of air cargo at 130 warehouses world-wide. Several of their warehouses have been certified for Pharmaceutical Logistics.
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who will contribute to the implementation and on-going management of the Procure to Pay (P2P) system. In addition, you will support the P2P end users with their supplier, sourcing & system queries across the UK & Ireland, for the initial 3-6 months of this role.
Following this the opportunity will support the Direct Procurement Manager in sourcing and tender activity for business-critical needs.
- Check and verify that requisitions are complete and conform;
- Complete requisitions by amending or adding supplier and spend category information;
- Perform simple tendering activities;
- Regularly verify supplier catalogues with regards to contract compliance and correct price and spend category information
- Create new catalogues and co-ordinate technical approvals;
- Work cross functionally to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data held in the P2P system;
- Audit and update the P2P system to ensure the master data is accurate;
- Perform spend analysis & reporting;
- Consolidate vendors where possible;
- Understand the strategic and tactical requirements of the Procurement function;
- Ensure compliance;
- Deal with workflow issues including raising and approving POs.
- Maintenance of supplier related master data in P2P system.
- Preferably at least 2 years' experience in a P2P, Procurement or Accounts Payable environment;
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Business or other relevant field is desirable;
- MCIPS or studying towards the qualification is desirable;
- Competent in Microsoft Office Package with skilled user of Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Office 365 is desirable;
- Excellent attention to detail & analytical skills;
- Good stakeholder/relationship management skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments;
- Able to remain calm under pressure and support colleagues;
- Positive attitude
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins - / 01617-.071-.516