0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
Our client is seeking a contract Digital Product Lead Test Engineer / Software Lead Engineer,
The successful candidate will be leading the work alongside the multi-functional product engineering teams to identify key test requirements. They will use this knowledge to architect and deliver test solutions capable of carrying out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech digital processor product business-line.
The digital processors designed are used in several of the most advanced telecommunication payloads currently in orbit, and the ability to test these complex systems relies on a wide understanding of both the RF and digital electronics that constitute the designs.
The candidate will be expected to work within product teams to capture lead the test engineering work, discuss and agree procedures for testing at all stages of assembly and ensure all work is sufficiently defined to allow accurate cost and scheduling data to be generated.
This role is to both define system needs and write/test software for use in electrical & mechanical testing - so understanding of testing in a high-tech manufacturing environment is important.
Main elements of the role are -
- Lead the test engineering aspects of a project
- Interact with project/product management, system engineers and engineering experts
- Software design and debug
- Automatic test procedure generation
- Hardware/software integration and debug
- Test validation and design proving
- Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
- Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
- Support of test activities leading to unit delivery
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Strong ability in leading technical work and driving solutions, with relevance to test preferred
- Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application
- Fluent in several software languages incl. Python, TCL & C++
- Proven track-record in a product "design and test" business environment
- Very strong background in software/hardware integration and debug
- Commitment to delivering technical reports as required by the project team.
- Understanding and practical application of RF test & measurement equipment (including the use of programming interfaces)
- Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)
- Free parking is provided for this role in a municipal car park located approximately fifteen minute's walk from site.
- This role has been deemed within scope of IR35 rules by the client
- Following a few days of initial orientation this role will be working from home then working on site once COVID restrictions are lifted by the client