Up to £40.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Digital Hardware Engineer - Contract 6 Months - Stevenage
Main tasks and responsibilities
* Working as part of a hardware team designing complex digital communication processors, the key equipment on Telecoms satellite payload.
* Design capture and performance analysis using state of the art techniques and toolsets.
* Performing design analysis, i.e. parts stress, worst case and reliability.
* Working closely with ASIC / FPGA designers and PCB layout engineers.
* Co-ordinating design analyses by company experts in areas such as thermal, mechanical, radiation and EMC.
* Proven ability of the complete hardware design cycle, from requirements capture, through schematic design and constraints capture.
* Design analyses and hands-on support of hardware assembly, integration, environmental qualification and production testing.
* Electronic circuit design, digital and analogue, debug, characterisation and design verification.
* Commissioning of prototype designs at board and unit level.
* Proven ability of the mentor graphics DxDesigner / CES flow.
* Knowledge of high speed digital and mixed signal circuit design.
WE SEEK A DIGITAL HARDWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIOINMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)