Up to £50.85 per hour
about 2 months ago
£50.85 per hour umbrella / £45.00 per hour deemed ltd /£44.03 PAYE (inclusive of holiday pay)
Hardware engineer for flight equipment, including the hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses. Key focus areas:
- Able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high speed ADCs / DACs.
- Support to manufacture and test - may require travel to Portsmouth.
- Interface with many experts in other departments (e.g. radiation, EMC).
- Customer interface on technical issues.
- Generate, oversee and configure technical documentation.
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements
- Define interfaces and digital parameters.
- Consider switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy.
- Produce circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints.
- Detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMECA/FMEA
- Support detailed design at component/ equipment/ mechanical level in accordance with engineering design rules.
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. radiation, thermal and mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- External customer and supplier interface on technical presentations and issues
- High speed electronic circuit board specification, schematic capture, component selection and related analyses.
- Lifecycle experience of digital equipment - design / manufacture / test, including customer interfacing.
- Sector experience of aerospace, automotive or military production over five years
- Hardware used - debug and test validation of designs
- Software used - schematic capture, layout and simulation tools (e.g. Mentor Expedition)
- Standards/accreditations/methodologies - ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards
- Mentor DxDesigner.
- Requirements management (DOORS) and SoC / RFD management.
- Space industry experience.
- Experience of team leadership, mentoring junior design engineers