Up to £400.00 per day
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to work within our Cyber Security Hardware Engineering department.
You will be responsible to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated electronics hardware design work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
You will be responsible for specifying, performing and documenting electronics hardware design for allocated elements of the product design architecture, by:
- Specifying hardware architectures and solutions to problem statements.
- Performing in-house electronics design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Adequately documenting the design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
You will resolve clearly defined problem statements into design solutions typically up to 6 months in duration.
The successful candidate will be subject to security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Electronics hardware is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with company standards.
- Appropriate processes, tools and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated electronics hardware development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with the engineering team leader.
- Electronics hardware technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
- The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Electronics hardware development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
- The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in electronics hardware development tools and methodologies.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing the company on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
- Design and development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where required.
- Career development of both the job holder and their team members (if any), by agreeing challenging and business focused objectives.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering.
- Must have an extensive experience of digital design and implementation for data/voice communications equipment or equivalent using high speed microprocessor, memory, FPGA and CPLD components.
- Must have proven capability to design high-speed electronic equipment that is CE compliant with EMC, Safety and RoHS criteria.
- Must have excellent electronics hardware development knowledge.
- Able to carry-out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must be familiar with high speed digital design standards and techniques.
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture and of work package definition and estimation.
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good team working skills.
- Experience of electronics hardware development to meet UK approved TEMPEST design criteria.
- Experience of schematic capture.
- Experience of PCB layout.
- Experience of thermal analysis for electronic circuits.
- Recent experience of using one or more of the following tools:
- OrCAD Capture
- OrCAD PCB Designer