Up to £45 per hour
13 days ago
Digital Hardware engineers X3 for flight equipment, including the hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses. Must be able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high-speed ADCs / DACs.
TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements.
- Define interfaces and digital parameters.
- Consider switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission.
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy.
- Produce circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints.
- Detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMECA/FMEA
- Support detailed design at component/ equipment/ mechanical level in accordance with engineering design rules.
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. radiation, thermal and mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- External customer and supplier interface on technical presentations and issues.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- High speed electronic circuit board specification, schematic capture, component selection and related analyses.
- ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards
- Mentor DxDesigner.
- Requirements management (DOORS) and SoC / RFD management.