Up to £45.00 per hour
5 months ago
Hardware Engineer for flight equipment, including the hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses.
Able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high-speed ADCs / DACs.
Support to manufacture and test - may require travel to Portsmouth.
Interface with many experts in other departments (e.g. radiation, EMC).
Customer interface on technical issues.
Generate, oversee and configure technical documentation.
Typical tasks, activities, responsibilities:
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements
- Define interfaces and digital parameters
- Consider switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy
- Produce circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints
- Detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMECA/FMEA
- Support detailed design in CAD/CAM or VHDL implementation on component/ equipment/ mechanical/VHDL level in accordance with engineering design rules
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. radiation, thermal and mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- External customer and supplier interface on technical presentations and issues
- Mentor DxDesigner.
- Requirements management (DOORS) and SoC / RFD management.
- High speed electronic circuit board specification, schematic capture, component selection and related analyses.
Lifecycle experience of digital equipments - design / manufacture / test, including customer interfacing.
Sector experience of aerospace, automotive or military production over five years
Hardware used - debug and test validation of designs
Software used - schematic capture, layout and simulation tools (e.g. Mentor Expedition)
Standards/accreditations/methodologies - ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards
Space industry experience.
Experience of team leadership, mentoring junior design engineers
Education & Training:
Degree level, electronics engineering or similar (e.g. physics)
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.