Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£53000.00 - £56000.00 per annum + benefits
11 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a DevOps, Network Management Engineer
We are looking for either a DevOps / Network Management Engineer to provide second/third line software support, platform / network monitoring and system administration. Responsibilities range from systems administration with our cloud-based environment to deploying and monitoring our network environment. This a challenging and varied role, which consists of working across departments, as well as point of escalation for provisioning issues with Tier 1 service providers and dealing with the development and management of our internal systems built on a range of languages and hardware. The successful applicant will be working in a small team, using the latest technologies and innovations including Open Source LAMP solutions to commercial software such as AWS, GE Smallworld and Salesforce. Depending on the skill sets of the applicant the responsibilities could sway more to either systems or networking, but you will be expected to be able to support both with excellent experience in monitoring automation.
* Maintaining our servers in AWS and other cloud-based providers and datacentres.
* To keep software, datasets and systems up to date
* To assist in data and server migrations
* Automation of server deployments via Ansible (or similar) to keep inventory and ensure standardization of our various systems and services
* Point of escalation for software issues from the Network Operations Centre, as well as owner in the escalation to relevant software providers where necessary
* Automation of processes and systems that are not yet properly implemented
* Manage / expand our monitoring platforms to ensure that key services are monitored, and alerts are delivered to necessary personnel (e.g. Network Operations Centre)
* This role is as a member of the Systems (IT) Team reporting to the Systems and IT Support Manager. Working with Software Architects and other members of the Systems and Development Team, as well as our Network Engineering Team.
* Other Key members across the entire Business including: Sales, Operations, Network Planning and our emergency response team.
* 3rd Party, including Partner escalations, as well as with our Software Suppliers.
* The candidate would need to be articulate and willing to liaise with people from these groups.
Knowledge & Experience:
* Problem solving in a dynamic environment
* Scripting knowledge in at least one scripting language (Perl/python/ruby/shell) for quick prototyping of solutions is a must
* To build and configure equipment and systems to business specifications
* Experience in system administration, LAMP, and supporting applications on Linux / Ubuntu / Redhat
* Experience with Oracle and MySQL databases, simple database administration
* Amazon AWS administration
* System configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet
* Working experience with Tier 1 monitoring systems (Nagios, munin, Zabbix, Solarwinds, Wavefront)
* Detailed knowledge of SNMP
* Experience with either Tomcat or JBoss
* Experience in the Telecommunications industry, especially any experience in Active Line Access, Lead to Cash processes or Open Reach Integration
* Understanding of TCP/IP at an application level as well as at a socket level on the client and server side would also be advantageous
* Experience working with O365 and Azure
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
* Development, Network engineering or System Administration background
* Good communicator
* Able to work from home with minimal supervision
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information